Location and Directions
The David A. Cofrin Library is located at the center of the University of Wisconsin Green Bay campus, directly across from the Weidner Center. Address for GPS: 2420 Nicolet Drive, Green Bay, WI 54311.
Directions to Campus: www.uwgb.edu/maps
Where to Park
- Enter campus at the Main Entrance Drive, which is the 2nd entrance off of Nicolet Drive.
- Stop at the Parking Office (small brown building in the median of Main Entrance Drive) for a free parking pass if you are visiting on a weekday before 7 p.m. Please be sure to tell the attendant you are here to do research in the Library and/or Archives Department.
- There is very limited 15-minute parking at the Circle Entrance, which is straight ahead from the Parking Office, and right in front of the Library.
- The closest parking is in the Weidner Center lots. Follow the Circle past the Library/Circle Entrance to the lot on the north and west sides of the Weidner Center.
Where to Enter the Library
- At the Circle Entrance (street level), you have the option to walk up the slight hill to the Plaza Entrance of the Library (2nd floor), or walk down the slight hill into the Circle Entrance at the concourse (street level) (1st floor).
- From the Plaza Level (2nd floor), the entrance to the Library will be on your right as you enter the building.
- From the concourse level (1st floor), walk straight down the wood-paneled hallway and follow the brown tiles in the floor to the elevators (down a short hallway on the right). Take elevator #3 to the 2nd floor Library Plaza entrance. To access 3rd-6th floors, switch to elevator #1 or 2.
- If you prefer the stairs, walk past the elevator hallway to the sign that says Library Entrance. At the top of the stairs, you will be facing the Library entrance. You may access 3rd-6th floors via the stairs.
Accessing the Archives and Area Research Center:
The Archives and Area Research Center Department is located on the 7th floor of the Library in room 705. The Archives and Area Research Center on the 7th floor is not accessible via the stairs. Please get on elevator 3 (the one furthest from the window) on the 1st floor (Concourse level) or 2nd floor (Plaza Level) to reach the 7th floor. The Archives Department is right off the lobby of the 7th floor.