Tip of the Month
Campus bans hoverboards:
It is believed that the safety and fire concerns recently associated with self-balancing boards commonly referred to as Hoverboards is sufficient and their use on campus and presence inside of all campus buildings (including Residence Life) is prohibited at this time. Discussions will continue regarding the ability to use and store these items on campus in the future. See the link for additional detail.
Campus bans hoverboards
Maintaining Personal Safety
- Always walk in groups
- Stick to well lit paths
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Report anything suspicious to Public Safety
- Know the location of Blue Light Emergency Phones.
- Call Public Safety for escort at night
Preventing Theft of Personal Property
- Don’t leave out money or valuables
- Don’t bring expensive items to school
- Mark your personal items with an engraver
- Make sure your room/car is locked when you leave.
- Don’t leave your property unattended.
- Fill out ID sheet with serial #s and file it with Public Safety
- Dial 9-911 (9-911 results in contact with Green Bay Communication Center.
- If Public Safety is needed, dial 2300
- Pay phones can be used to dial 911, no money is needed.
- Exterior campus phones can be used to dial 2300.
- Emergency Action Procedures are located in the campus directory and posted at all exits of classrooms, meeting rooms, offices.
Reporting A Crime/Suspicious Activity
- Dial 911 for an emergency, or call #2300 from a campus phone for assistance
- Keep calm
- Speak clearly
- Give as many details as possible
- Inform Public Safety of incident time a place.
- Stay in contact with Public Safety in case they have questions.