After registering for your last semester of classes, check your Academic Requirements to ensure all requirements are met for degree/major/minor/certificates. If you are missing any requirements, see your faculty advisor.
Students completing an Associate, Bachelor's or Master's degree must apply to graduate and participate in the Commencement Ceremony. The application link is located within the Student Information System, in the drop-down menu adjacent to your student schedule.
Please be aware that a late application may preclude a student from being listed in the graduation ceremony program. Participation in the commencement ceremony is not mandatory for graduation. If you would like to participate in commencement please ensure that you apply for this event and visit our commencement site for more details.
If your courses end in:
- May or August, you will be in the spring / summer ceremony.
- December or January, you will be in the fall / winter ceremony.
Early application is strongly encouraged! All students should apply to graduate during the semester prior to the one in which they plan to receive their degree (optimally, by May 1 for Fall graduation, by December 1 for Spring graduation and by February 1 for Summer graduation).
The Registrar's Office performs a degree audit on each student who applies prior to the drop deadline of their final semester to verify that they have met the requirements to graduate. If there is a problem or issue, early application for graduation allows for adequate time to notify the student so that necessary corrective action can be taken. Students who apply to graduate after the drop deadline can still receive degree audit assistance by contacting the Registrar's Office. Please be aware that it will be necessary for students to postpone graduation if requirements cannot be met in their desired graduation semester.
Date of Degree:
- If courses end in December or January the student is awarded a degree at the end of the fall semester which spans September through January. A January date is the degree is awarded.
- If courses end in May the student is awarded a degree at the end of spring semester which spans January through May. A May date is the date the degree is awarded.
- If courses end in August, the student is awarded a degree at the end of summer semester. An August date is the day the degree is awarded.
Diplomas are usually mailed within these time frames:
- Mid-to late January for students whose courses end in December.
- Early-to-mid February for students whose courses end in January.
- Mid-to-late June for students whose courses end in May.
- Early-to-mid September for students whose courses end in the summer semester (June, July, August).