Special Initiatives Program
Request for Proposals 2013-2014
Application Deadline: February 15, 2013
Award Announcements: April 12, 2013
To provide planning grants and supplemental grants for new or on-going projects which have space-related content and are intended to encourage, attract, or retain
underrepresented groups in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical fields, especially
women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Projects should do one or more of the following for members of
1) Increase knowledge of space, aerospace, and space-related science, design, or technology and their potential benefits
2) Increase interest, recruitment, experience, and training of the next generation of experts in the pursuit of space- or aerospace-related science, design or technology
3) Encourage individuals in space-related pursuits
All proposed projects should be specific, including metrics, which clearly
define expectations, not only the number of participants.
Current & Past Award Recipients
Most awards ~$3,000 per year, with up to $5,000 for exemplary, innovative new
WSGC will not fund overhead, however, it may be counted as institutional match.
Proposals for two-year projects will be considered. Proposals for two-year
projects should include budgets and objectives for each year.
* Based on availability of funds.
- U.S. Citizen
- Any established organization including, but not limited to: schools (K-12 and
higher education), aerospace industries, government agencies, and nonprofit
aerospace associations are eligible.
- Matching funds are required, ranging from
50% for on-going programs, i.e., beyond the second year, to 25% for new
innovative programs or those having significant legacy use.
Before applying, please read the Additional Requirements.
For instructions on applying, please read the Special Initiatives Application Instructions
Questions about Special Initiatives, contact:
Nicole Wiessinger, Associate Director for Special Initiatives
Phone: (608) 266-8166
Please contact the Program Office at (920) 465-2108.