Cooperative Program with Bellin College
Bellin College offers a program that is designed to meet the needs of students who are interested in gaining their Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in nursing. Bellin's nursing program requires students to take general education courses as well as nursing courses. As a result, Bellin College works in conjunction with UW-Green Bay to meet the requirements necessary for a BSN degree. UW-Green Bay fulfills the general education requirements which are highly concentrated in the first two years of Bellin's program.
Nursing courses are included in all four years of Bellin's program. The freshman year has the main concentration of general education courses; however, preprofessional nursing courses are introduced at this time. In the sophomore year, students complete most of their general education courses at UW-Green Bay and the clinical aspect of nursing begins. The highest concentration of nursing courses are in the junior and senior years; nevertheless, some general education courses, which are offered at UW-Green Bay, remain in the curriculum for students to complete during their last two years in Bellin's nursing program.
Students must be admitted to both Bellin College and UW-Green Bay. Detailed information about the competitive admissions policy is available by contacting Bellin College directly.
For more information about the nursing program offered in conjunction with Bellin, please contact:
3201 Eaton Road
Green Bay, WI 54311
Preprofessional Program in Nursing
In addition to our cooperative program with Bellin College, UW-Green Bay can offer course work to students who wish to begin their studies at UW-Green Bay but complete their nursing degree at another school. This allows prospective nurses to spend approximately one to two years studying at UW-Green Bay before transferring to another institution. Several University of Wisconsin campuses offer majors in nursing. Consult the UW System HELP program Web page for information regarding nursing majors at other UW campuses.
Students who plan to graduate from a school other than UW-Green Bay are advised to consult with their transfer school of choice regarding requirements, transfer information, and advising assistance before beginning course work at UW-Green Bay.
While requirements for professional nursing programs at other UW schools vary somewhat, the list here outlines a typical two-year prerequisite program that could be completed at UW-Green Bay
Sample list of recommended courses
- BIOLOGY 202 Principles of Biology I, 4 credits
- BIOLOGY 302 Principles of Microbiology, 4 credits
- CHEM 108 General Chemistry, 5 credits
- CHEM 300 Bio-Organic Chemistry, 3 credits
- COMM 133 Fundamentals of Public Address, 3 credits
- ENG COMP 105 Expository Writing, 3 credits
- HUM BIOL 204 Anatomy and Physiology, 5 credits
- HUM DEV 210 Introduction to Human Development, 3 credits
- HUM DEV 343 Adulthood and Aging, 3 credits
- MATH 104 Elementary Functions: Algebra and Trigonometry, 4 credits
- COMM SCI 205 Social Science Statistics, 4 credits
- MATH 260 Introductory Statistics, 4 credits
- PHILOS 101 Introduction to Philosophy, 3 credits
- PHILOS 102 Problems in Ethics, 3 credits
- PSYCH 102 Introduction to Psychology, 3 credits
- SOCIOL 202 Introduction to Sociology, 3 credits
Consult with an adviser at your transfer school of choice for advice on specific requirements.