How would a certificate in Emergency Management benefit me?
There is a nationwide effort within the Emergency Management industry today toward requiring bachelor’s degrees for professionals working in the field. This translates into more jobs in the future requiring advanced knowledge, critical thinking skills, and academic preparation – in short, a college degree. A degree from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay with this Area of Emphasis will give you the edge you need to compete and succeed.
Students interested in earning the optional UW-Green Bay Certificate in Emergency Management are required to take all FIVE courses.
- PU EN AF 335: Principles and Practices of Emergency Management
- PU EN AF 336: Strategic Emergency Preparedness, Planning, and Implementation
- PU EN AF 337: Disaster Response Operations and Management
- PU EN AF 338: Disaster Recovery
- PU EN AF 339: Political and Policy Dimensions of Emergency Management
Students interested in earning ONLY the Emergency Management Certificate without pursuing the Bachelor’s Degree can learn more at http://www.uwgb.edu/em/.