Area of Emphasis: Corporate Communication
What is the “Area of Emphasis?”
The Area of Emphasis serves as the main focus of your degree. The Corporate Communication Emphasis is constructed of three required lower-level courses as well as four required upper-level courses and one upper-level elective course.
How would a degree with an Emphasis in Corporate Communication benefit me?
This emphasis will give you the skills you need to manage your organization’s communication needs. Whether addressing recruitment and management issues among your own employees or focusing on external communication, the Corporate Communication Emphasis is valuable and marketable across all industries.
Required Lower-Level Coursework
- COMM 102: Introduction to Communication
- COMM 133: Fundamentals of Public Address
- COMM 282: Principles of Public Relations/Corporate Communication
Required Upper-Level Coursework
- COMM 305: Elements of Electronic Media
- COMM 335: Organizational Communication
- COMM 336: Theories of the Interview
- COMM 480: Cases in Communication and Media Management
Elective Coursework (Choose One)
- AVD 375: Communication Skills: Language of Metaphor
- COMM 308: Information Technologies
- COMM 333: Persuasion and Argumentation
- COMM 337: Small Group Communication
- COMM 380: Communication Law
- COMM 430: Information, Media, and Society
- COMM 445: Human Communication