Advisors are “student advocates” and work with students the first few semesters in college. All new freshmen are assigned an advisor in their first semester. Once a student declares a major, he/she is then transitioned to a faculty advisor for assistance.
Specifically, how can my Academic Advisor help me?
- Specific Questions Regarding Your General Education Classes
- Study Skills
- Save Time and Money by Staying on Track for Graduation
- Major Exploration
- Substitutions Within Your General Education Requirements
- Questions Regarding Forms (late add, drop, withdraw, and suspension etc.)
- Class Scheduling
- Assistance with the Student Information System (SIS)
- Academic Issues (e.g. probation, strict probation, suspension)
- General Academic Problem Solving