skip to content

Academic Advising

How to declare a major?

Every student who has earned 45 (or more) credits must complete the online Declaration of Major/Minor/Certificate and have a valid Academic Plan (including emphases where appropriate) in SIS. What this means is that you must have a minimum of:

  1. A major that is Interdisciplinary or
  2. A Disciplinary major with an Interdisciplinary major/minor or
  3. An acceptable plan as required by specific program (Education)

Electronically submit the Declaration of Major/Minor/Certificate e-form to the appropriate major/minor advisor. Students must submit one form per major, minor or certificate they wish to declare. To find your major/minor program advisor look here. You will receive a confirmation email after your Declaration of Major/Minor/Certificate has been processed. Accounting, Communication, Education, Human Biology, Human Development, Psychology and Social work require additional steps to declare BEFORE completing this form. Check the department website for more information. If you do not meet the pre-declaration or academic requirements for these majors, your Declaration Form will likely be denied.