Learn to understand, read, speak, and write Arabic while being introduced to the customs and norms of the Middle East region.
Welcome. Here you will continue your study of one of the most interesting languages in the world. Arabic is a Semitic language and a member of the Afro-Asiatic language family. Contrary to what most people assume, Arabic is not any more difficult to learn than other languages. In fact, many aspects of Arabic grammar are simpler than English.
Center for Middle East Studies & Partnerships
The Center for Middle East Studies and Partnerships serves to promote the cultures and languages of the Middle East.
They assist the Arabic language courses, serve as a resource for the infusion of greater Middle Eastern content into pre-existing courses and, in conjunction with the Office of International Education, help build and maintain ties to academic institutions in the Middle East.
News stories in Inside
- Coury talks Arab Spring, Gadhafi death
October 21, 2011
- Saturday’s conference on ‘Best Practices for Teaching Middle Eastern Content’
April 1, 2011
- April 2 conference will target best practices in teaching Middle East topics
March 25, 2011
- ‘New Feminist Voices in Islam’ is Jordanian scholar’s topic Oct. 18
October 12, 2010
- Middle East travelers report busy first week
July 12, 2010