Juried Student Art Exhibit
Guidelines for Juried Student Art Exhibit
Lawton Gallery website: www.uwgb.edu/lawton
Lawton Gallery Schedule
- There is a Juried Student Art Exhibit every fall semester in the Lawton Gallery (Theatre Hall 2nd Floor).
- Any UW-Green Bay student may enter but most of the entries come from ART and AVD majors and minors.
- Work is generally due in early November. Watch for the signs posted on the Studio Arts first floor bulletin boards and emails.
- Students may enter up to three works in 2D or 3D media.
- Please refer to the Guidelines for Juried Student Art Exhibit for specifics regarding framing, glazing, installations, size and weight restrictions, etc.
- The JUROR is a professional artist or curator from outside of UW-Green Bay. He/She selects the work to be exhibited and also selects the Jurors Award winners. Each year there is a different juror.
- Other Awards may also be given by the Chancellor, Provost, Dean of Liberal Arts & Sciences, AVD, the University Union, Art Agency, Art Faculty, and area businesses. The awards are a little different each year at the opening reception. Generally the awards total around $1,000 - $2,000 in cash and purchase awards.
- Students my seek advise from any art faculty member regarding their entries and how to best present their work.
- The cost is $3. for the first work and $1. for additional work up to a total of three works.
- Entry forms and Labels to be attached to the works entered are available during the drop off times in the Lawton Gallery.
- Contact the Curator of Art or any of the art faculty with any questions.