Senior Art Exhibit
Senior Exhibit Guidelines PDF
Sample of the Senior Exhibition Evaluation Form PDF
Lawton Gallery website: www.uwgb.edu/lawton
Lawton Gallery Schedule
Students participating in the Senior Exhibits are also given the opportunity to offer one or more of their works for faculty selection into the University Permanent Collection. Selection into the Permanent Collection is an honor as it means your work will be taken care of and displayed on campus. See the Curator of Art for more information about this.
- There are usually two Senior Art Exhibit every spring semester depending on the number of students participating. The exhibits are in the Lawton Gallery (Theatre Hall 2nd Floor).
- Participating in the Senior Art Exhibit is an honor that is open to Art and AVD majors who have the interest, skills, and support of at least one member of the art faculty who becomes their Senior Exhibit Advisor.
- Students who plan to graduate in December and desire to have a Senior Exhibit MUST install their exhibit in the spring semester PRIOR to their December graduation date.
- Students who plan on installing a Senior Exhibit MUST be enrolled with their Senior Exhibit Advisor during the fall semester prior to the intended spring exhibit and during the spring semester of the exhibit. This can be an advanced studio course or as an Independent Study. Mounting a Senior Exhibit is time consuming and the conceptualization and development of the work MUST begin before the spring.
- Students MUST follow the Senior Exhibit Guidelines and it is the graduating seniors responsibility to get all paperwork in on time and to communicate to their Faculty Advisor.
- Professor Carol Emmons is the Art Faculty Liaison who collects the required paperwork and communicates to the Art Faculty and the Curator of Art. Contact her as needed.
- Each participant in the Senior Exhibits will be given feedback by the entire art faculty using the Senior Exhibition Evaluation Form. The senior(s) with the highest evaluation(s) will be awarded the designation of Outstanding Senior Exhibit. The feedback results of the participating seniors evaluations will be shared with the appropriate individual senior through their art faculty advisor.