Students who are considering the Biology major are strongly encouraged to arrange an advising appointment to discuss the program, the admissions process, and support courses they need to be taking. Contact the program chair at 920-465-2262 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
All students in the program are assigned an advisor, and the program makes every effort to assign the student to the same advisor throughout his or her Biology career.
Students in the program need to meet with their advisors at least once during each semester to review program prerequisites and assess additional supporting courses they may need to complete. Advisors also help students with planning their professional goals after graduation and assist students when they encounter challenges in completing their course or field work.
The following are advising sheets for students with the specific emphasis:
- Biology Major with Emphasis in Animal Biology Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Biology Major with Emphasis in Ecology & Conservation Biology Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Biology Major with Emphasis in Cell/Molecular Biology Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Biology Major with Emphasis in Biology for Educators Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Biology Minor Advising Sheet (PDF)
For additional information, please visit the Academic Advising Website.