Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration (FULL)
*To be added to the waiting list please e-mail email@example.com or call 920-465-2775.
With instructor Tom Wallestad, you will learn basic cartooning drawing skills, the foundations of penciling, inking, coloring, and transferring techniques. Explore the unique story-telling language of comics and graphic novels and apply what you learn to your development as a cartoonist. This class fills early!
Resident campers check-in on June 12th. Commuter campers check-in on June 13th.
June 12-17, 2016
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Tom Wallestad
Professor Tom Wallestad earned his BA from UW-Green Bay and his MFA in Computer Graphics from Syracuse University. He has taught and created cartoon illustrations and animations in multiple media for many years. His artwork explores interactive interpretations of the visual traits and narrative structures particular to the comic book medium. He investigates perceptions of suggested space and reality forming his own unique narratives.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $319 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $10
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
2016 Art Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Screen Printing