Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
Join drawing instructor, Judy Sarasin , and go on a wildlife adventure. Capture wonderful creatures of the wild with pencil,colored pencil, and oil pastels. You will have fun translating what you see onto paper, acquire shading techniques, and combining color pencil with other media. You will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in your uniquely appealing drawings.
June 30-July 3, 2014 (Day Camp Only)
For campers entering grades 6-9
Online registration for this camp has now closed. To register, please call 920-465-2775.
(If you are entering grades 8 or 9 in the Fall, you may register for the High School Summer Art Studio Camp if you wish to stay in the campus dorms as a resident camper).
Instructor: Judy Sarasin
A native of the Green Bay area, Judy Sarasin received her bachelor's degree from UW-Green Bay and also a master's degree in education from UW-Green Bay. Judy has spent many years teaching art in public schools. She hopes to utilize her vast knowledge, experience, and passion to provide that special opportunity for students to develop artist skills and creativity.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Wednesday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Thursday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
Commuter Camp Fee:
- $279 (includes instruction, lunch, and a camp t-shirt)
- Lab Fee: $10
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Introduction to Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Exploration with Acrylics
- Fashion Design
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Book Making
- From Junk to Jewelry
- Watercolor Painting
- Graphic Design: Fool with Photoshop!