Middle School Summer Art Studio (Day Camp Only)
UW-Green Bay offers an art camp for middle school campers, entering grades 6-9, from June 17-21, 2013. This exploratory camp allows campers to work in two art genres over the course of a one-week camp. Art class choices include drawing, ceramics, illustration, photography, fashion design, mosaics, book-making among others. All are held in UW-Green Bay art studios. Work with accomplished artists and art teachers from around the region. Offered on a first come, first served basis, register early for the best selection. Questions? 920-465-2775.
(If you are entering grades 8 or 9 in the Fall, you may register for the High School Summer Art Studio Camp if you wish to stay in the campus dorms as a resident camper).
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
Commuter Camp Fee:
- $269 (includes instruction and a camp t-shirt)
Guest Faculty and Artists
Campers will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional artists from across the state. Click here for more information about this summer’s Art Camp faculty.
Camper highlight from 2012:
My daughter's highlight of the camp was meeting new friends. My highlight (parent) was how much she learned about her camera and photography, and how much fun she had.
- Camper and Mom from 2012.
Art Classes - Summer 2013:
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Introduction to Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Exploration with Acrylics
- Fashion Design
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Book Making
- Mosaic Masterpieces
- From Junk to Jewelry