Middle School Summer Art Studio (Day Camp Only)
UW-Green Bay offers an art camp for middle school campers, entering grades 6-9, from June 30 - July 3, 2014. This exploratory camp is designed for campers to work in two art genres over the course of a four-day camp. Art class choices include drawing, ceramics, comic book illustration, photography, fashion design, book-making, watercolor, acrylics, graphic design, and jewelry making...all are held in UW-Green Bay art studios. Work with accomplished artists and art teachers from around the region. Offered on a first come, first served basis, register early for the best selection. Questions? 920-465-2775.
(If you are entering grades 8 or 9 in the Fall, you may register for the High School Summer Art Studio Camp if you wish to stay in the campus dorms as a resident camper).
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Wednesday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Thursday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
Commuter Camp Fee:
- $279 (includes instruction, lunch, and a camp t-shirt)
- Pick Up and Drop Off Policy: Parents are advised to drop off and pick up your child promptly. The camp begins at 8:30 a.m., with staff on site at 8 a.m. Pick up is at 4:00 p.m. with staff on site until 4:15. Failure to pick up your child on time will result in a supervisory charge of $15 per hour.
NOTE: Green Bay Transit operates to and from campus each day, with drop off locations at the Cofrin Library and the Studio Arts Building. The buses run :10 and :40 on the hour. Bus passes are $2 per day for students. For more information contact: http://www.greenbaymetro.org or call 920-448-3450.
Guest Faculty and Artists
Campers will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional artists from across the state. Click here for more information about this summer’s Art Camp faculty.
Camper highlight from 2013:
My daughter's highlight of the camp was meeting new friends. My highlight (parent) was how much she learned about her camera and photography, and how much fun she had.
- Camper and Mom from 2013.
Art Classes - Summer 2014:
Each camper must choose two classes. To find out more about each class click below:
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Introduction to Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Exploration with Acrylics
- Fashion Design
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Book Making
- From Junk to Jewelry
- Watercolor Painting
- Graphic Design: Fool with Photoshop!