Middle School Summer Art Studio
June 12-17, 2016
UW-Green Bay offers an art camp for middle school campers, entering grades 6-9. This exploratory camp is designed for campers to work in two art genres over the course of a five-day camp. Art class choices include drawing, comic book illustration, photography, fashion design, watercolor, graffiti, and acrylics...all are held in UW-Green Bay art studios. Work with accomplished artists and art teachers from around the region. Offered on a first come, first served basis, register early for the best selection. Questions? 920-465-2775.
Resident campers check-in on June 12th. Commuter campers check-in on June 13th.
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
See other camp forms below.
My daughter's highlight of the camp was meeting new friends. My highlight (parent) was how much she learned about her camera and photography, and how much fun she had.
- Camper and Mom
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
Commuter Camp Fee:
- $319 (includes instruction, lunch, and a camp t-shirt)
Resident Camp Fee:
- $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks. Students must be at least 12 years old for overnight, residence hall accommodations.
Lab fees are in addition to the camps fee. These lab fees are for university supply purchases that will be used by the whole class. Lab fees will be added to your initial deposit when you register online. Lab fees vary by the type of class. All lab fees are listed within the class pages prior to registering and when you register online.
Pick Up and Drop Off Policy: Parents are advised to drop off and pick up your child promptly. The camp begins at 8:30 a.m., with staff on site at 8:00 a.m. Pick up is at 4:00 p.m. with staff on site until 4:15 p.m. Failure to pick up your child on time will result in a supervisory charge of $15 per hour.
NOTE: Green Bay Transit operates to and from campus each day, with drop off locations at the Cofrin Library and the Studio Arts Building. The buses run :10 and :40 on the hour. Bus passes are $2 per day for students. For more information contact: http://www.greenbaymetro.org or call 920-448-3450.
2016 Art Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
Times, Locations, Camp Details: Art Camp Camper Information Letter
UW-Green Bay Camp Policies: Camp Policies
UW-Green Bay Camp Health Form: Health Form
UW-Green Bay Camp Map: Maps and Directions
UW-Green Bay Resident Camper Handbook: Housing Handbook
Guest Faculty and Artists
Campers will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional artists from across the state. Click here for more information about this summer’s Art Camp faculty.
Art Classes - Summer 2016:
Each camper must choose two classes to participate in. To find out more about each class click below:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration