*To be added to the waiting list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-465-2775.
Unravel the complex world of graffiti art with instructor Beau Thomas! Learn about graffiti and watch live demonstrations. This course covers a wide range of topics, from early days of subway graffiti to the amazing evolution of the present-day graffiti movement. Campers will use what they learn to develop their own style and paint a graffiti mural.
Resident campers check-in June 12th. Commuter campers check-in June 13th.
June 12-17, 2016
For campers entering grades 6-9.
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Beau Thomas
Beau Thomas is a graffiti artist, painter, and graphic designer from Green Bay, Wisconsin. He has been studying and practicing graffiti art for 11 years. He also runs his own mural business, Trackside Design LLC. Some career highlights include exhibiting work at the Neville Public Museum, doing a mural project for Red Bull, and completing several murals for the Green Bay public school system.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $319 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $50
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
2016 Art Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration
- Screen Printing