Fine Art Digital Photography
It is often said that the best camera is the one you have with you - making great photographs is not about the cost of your camera; it's about your ability to visualize, compose, and capture a great photograph. Under the guidance of Megan Ryan, you will explore what makes a great fine art photograph, including lighting, shutter speed, and basic photo editing techniques.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop does not include darkroom work. Please provide your own digital camera and removable memory card.
Resident campers check-in on June 11th. Commuter campers check-in on June 12th.
Registration Coming Soon!
June 11-16, 2017
For campers entering grades 6-9
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Megan Ryan
Bio coming soon!
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $360 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $25
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
2017 Camp Brochure PDF - includes paper registration form
In the event a camper must cancel, the Summer Camps Office should be notified no later than one month before the start date of the camp session in order to receive a refund, less a non-refundable deposit of $100. Requests received after that date will not receive a refund. No refunds will be made for withdrawal due to homesickness, sending a camper home for disciplinary reasons, or after the camp has started.
In the event a camper requests to switch camp sessions, an additional $25 processing fee will be applied.
We reserve the right to cancel any camp due to low enrollment; in such a case, all fees paid will be refunded or the camper can choose to apply fees to a different camp/class in the same year.
Overpayments of less than $10 will not be refunded.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Fantasy Fling
- Drawing Design and 3D Art
- Mixed Media