Fine Art Digital Photography
It is often said that the best camera is the one you have with you - making great photographs is not about the cost of your camera; it's about your ability to visualize, compose, and capture a great photograph. Under the guidance of Lindsey Przybylski, you will explore what makes a great fine art photograph, including lighting, shutter speed, and basic photo editing techniques.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop does not include darkroom work. Please provide your own digital camera and removable memory card.
June 14-19, 2015
For campers entering grades 6-9
Online registration is now closed.
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
Instructor: Lindsey Przybylski
Our Photography in Black and White instructor Lindsey Przybylski received her BA from UW-Green Bay. Her area of emphasis is in Photography and Graphic Design. Lindsey won the Academic Deans Award at this year’s Lawton Gallery Student Juried Show at UWGB for her photograph A Silhouette of Emotion: A Series. She has had a lifelong passion for photography. This summer she is looking forward to sharing that passion and all of her knowledge of photography with her students. This year will mark her fourth year with the Summer Art Studio.
Daily Class Hours:
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
- 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on Friday (The Final Exhibition Show will be from 3:00-4:00pm. Campers will be dismissed when the show has concluded).
- Commuter Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunch, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $579 (includes instruction, room, meals, counselor supervision, evening activity transportation, and camp t-shirt). The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that campers bring $25-$30 with them to camp for activities and snacks.
- Class Lab Fee: $25
A NOTE ABOUT SUPPLY LISTS: The supply list linked to each class are suggestions. You are not required to purchase everything on the list. These supplies can be purchased at an art supply store OR at craft stores, e.g. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Ben Franklin, Walmart. Tradewinds, of Green Bay, will pre-package your supply orders and will deliver them the first morning of camp. More information about this service will be described in your supply list letter. Minimal supplies are actually needed for most classes and others are suggested to enhance the 'experimental' aspect of the class. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions.
Campers must select TWO classes -
Other Classes Available Include:
- Abstract Exploration with Acrylics
- Beyond the Cover: The Fine Art of Bookmaking
- Fine Art Digital Photography
- Cartooning and Comic Book Illustration
- Ceramics: Introduction to Wheel Throwing for Raku Firing
- Explorations in Watercolor
- Fabulous Fashion and Fabric Design
- Introduction to Jewelry and Metals
- Mix it Up: Mixed Media Art
- Walk on the Wild Side: Wildlife Illustration