We look forward to working with you and making sure that you have a fun, safe, exciting experience! These policies have been developed to assure the health, safety and well-being of every camper. We trust that once you understand our rules you will agree that they are reasonable. The camp reserves the right, upon notification of parents/guardians to dismiss any camper during any session for improper dress, conduct, language, or attitude which, in the judgment of the administrative or counseling staff, is deemed detrimental to the other campers or smooth operation of the camp. Furthermore, if in the judgment of the administrative or counseling staff, your conduct violates the following rules and regulations, you may be dismissed without refund of fees and/or referred to appropriate authorities.
- You may not possess, use, distribute, or sell alcoholic beverages, drugs, firearms, weapons (including knives), or fireworks. This one is non-negotiable and campers will be sent home immediately.
- You may not possess or use any tobacco products while in attendance at camp. This regulation also applies to campers who are 18. If you cannot go a week without smoking, reconsider coming to camp.
- If you are found tampering with any fire equipment (i.e. fire extinguishers, fire alarms, smoke detectors, etc) you will be dismissed from camp immediately. Also, University officials are required by law to report the responsible individual(s) to local authorities who will fine and may prosecute them under State Statute 941.13 (which calls for a fine of up to $500 or imprisonment of not more than one year or both).
- You may not interfere with any security system or tamper with locks in camper rooms and other areas.
- Lewd and offensive speech or actions that undermine camp decorum are strictly prohibited.
- You shall not be permitted to wear clothing that contains pictures of and/or writing referring to alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, sexual references, profanity, violence, and/or drugs. You will be asked to change clothes if what you are wearing is inappropriate.
- Because of the potential danger to others and University property, vandalism and pranks will not be permitted.
- No pets of any kind are allowed at camp.
- Commuter campers are not allowed in the University Housing area.
- Guests and visitors (parents/guardians and other immediate family members) must check-in with photo ID at the Head Counselor's Office before visiting a camper who is residing in University Housing, or at the Camp Director's Office before visiting a camper during class sessions.
- Cell Phones: You MAY bring cell phones to camp. Cell phones must be off during the camp day, but they may be used during free time and in the evening. Phones must be turned off after lights out and may be collected at lights out. If so, they will be returned before breakfast the next day.
- Commuter Campers: You may not leave the camp premises at any time during the camp day. Parking: Campers who bring a vehicle to camp are required to submit their license plate number at check-in. Failure to do so will result in a parking ticket.
- Resident Campers: Housing campers are not encouraged to bring vehicles to camp. If you must use a vehicle to transport yourself to and from camp, your vehicle must be parked in a designated lot, locked, and left unused for the duration of the camp session. Campers are not permitted to drive or ride in private cars or any type of motor vehicles except under the supervision or authorization of a counseling staff member. Your car keys will be stored in the Head Counselor's Office for the duration of the camp week and returned upon final check-out. Parking: Campers who bring a vehicle to camp are required to submit their license plate number at check-in. Failure to do so will result in a parking ticket.
- Resident Campers: Under no circumstances are boys allowed to visit girls' rooms or vice-versa. Your counselor or another counselor of the same gender may check your room at any time.
- Campers who leave their classroom during class sessions or their University Housing building after lights out without permission will be promptly sent home.
- Computer Use: Campers are not allowed to use campus computers unless the students are in a supervised setting. Computer kiosks located on campus are off-limits to campers.