UWGB High School Band, Orchestra and Choral Camps: July 20-25, 2014
Whether you are in band, orchestra, or choir, the UW-Green Bay music camp for high school students, entering grades 9-12, will develop your music skills as you build friendships with others who love music. Held on the UW-Green Bay campus, high school music campers will participate in rehearsals, sectionals, master classes, performances and other choice classes, and perform in a culminating public concert in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. Join us, with your friends, as you make music together this summer at the UW-Green Bay Summer Music Camps. Open to commuters and housing campers, register by July 14, 2014. Join us as we celebrate our 49th summer!
"It was an amazing experience for our daughter and only increased her love of music and has inspired her to continue with the violin. Her teacher was phenomenal (as was the entire staff) and this is something she will always remember and hope to do again next year!"
- Music Camper Parent
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 3:40 pm
- Commuter Fee: $279 (includes instruction, lunches and camp t-shirt)
- Resident/Housing Fee: $539 (includes instruction, room and board, t-shirt, counselor supervision, and evening activity transportation) The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that you bring $25-$30 in cash for activities.
Upon successful completion of this camp and required coursework, incoming high school juniors, seniors and high school graduates may earn 1 UW-Green Bay credit. This credit can be counted as elective credit toward a bachelor’s degree at UW-Green Bay and potentially most other higher education institutions in the State of Wisconsin. Those who choose not to enroll for college credit, cannot count participation in the camp as college credit at a later date. Please call us,920-465-2775 for enrollment information. Find out more online!
AGAIN THIS YEAR: Are you a choir camper interested in Musical Theatre? You can participate in the musical theatre option class, culminating in a joint performance with the All-Camp Chorus in the Weidner Center. Limited to 40 campers. Musical Theatre track campers will receive an introduction to movement, acting, and singing style. Register early for this one!
Guest Faculty and Artists
In addition to the excellent and dedicated UW-Green Bay faculty members who teach at the camps, you will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional performers from across the country. Click here for more information about this summer’s Music Camp faculty.
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2015 camp.
- Camp Dance and other great social activities: An evening dance will be held for on Thursday, July 24th.
- Final Concert: 6:00 p.m. in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts on Friday, July 25th. Free and open to the public.
The camp week begins Sunday afternoon, July 20th, with auditions and an all-camp meeting. Daily sessions are held Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. A typical daily schedule is:
- 8:30 a.m. Sectional
- 9:35 a.m. Rehearsal
- 10:40 a.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. Rehearsal
- 1:40 p.m. Comprehensive Musicianship Rehearsal
- 2:45 p.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 3:40 p.m. Class Dismissed
Campers entering grades 9–12 in the fall are eligible to apply. All campers must be recommended by a parent or guardian and a school music director. Their signatures must appear on the application form in order for the camper to be considered. Signatures are not required for online registrations.
What about Jazz Camp?
Due to some restructuring in the music camps, we've integrated Jazz Improv and Jazz Lab Band into the High School Band, Orchestra and Choral Camps. Here's what you need to know:
- Campers in the High School Band Camp can select Jazz Improv and Jazz Lab Band for their 3rd and 7th hour option classes, respectively.
- A Jazz Ensemble will perform on the Weidner stage during the High School Band, Orchestra and Choir Camp Concert.
- Prof. John Salerno will direct the ensemble.
- Please let us know if you have any questions!
UW-Green Bay is accredited by: