UWGB High School Choral Camp
For campers entering grades 9-12+. Be members of the Phoenix Chorale, conducted by UW-Green Bay Director of Choral Activities, Dr. Randall Meder! Through the in-depth exploration of vocal technique and musical concepts, you'll be finding your own voice, and making memorable music with other serious singers like yourself.
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 3:40 pm
- Commuter Fee: $295 (includes instruction, lunches, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident/Housing Fee: $569 (includes instruction, room and board, t-shirt, counselor supervision, and evening activity transportation) The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that you bring $25-$30 in cash for activities.
AGAIN THIS YEAR: Are you a choir camper interested in Musical Theatre? You can participate in the Musical Theatre option class, culminating in a joint performance with the All-Camp Chorus in the Weidner Center. Limited to 40 campers. Musical Theatre track campers will receive an introduction to movement, acting and singing style. Register early for this one!
Upon successful completion of this camp and required coursework, incoming high school juniors, seniors and high school graduates may earn 1 UW-Green Bay credit. This credit can be counted as elective credit toward a bachelor’s degree at UW-Green Bay and potentially most other higher education institutions in the State of Wisconsin. Those who choose not to enroll for college credit, cannot count participation in the camp as college credit at a later date. Please call us, 920-465-2775 for enrollment information. Find out more online!
Guest Faculty and Artists
In addition to the excellent and dedicated UW-Green Bay faculty members who teach at the camps, you will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional performers from across the country. Click here for more information about this summer’s Music Camp faculty.
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2016 camp.
- Camp Dance and other great social activities: An evening dance will be held for on Thursday, July 23rd for Resident Campers.
- Final Concert: 6:00 p.m. in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts on Friday, July 24th. Free and open to the public.
The camp week begins Sunday afternoon, July 19th, with auditions and an all-camp meeting. Daily sessions are held Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. A typical daily schedule is:
- 8:30 a.m. Sectional
- 9:35 a.m. Rehearsal
- 10:40 a.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. Rehearsal
- 1:40 p.m. Comprehensive Musicianship Rehearsal
- 2:45 p.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 3:40 p.m. Class Dismissed
Campers entering grades 9–12 in the fall are eligible to apply. All campers must be recommended by a parent or guardian and a school music director. Their signatures must appear on the application form in order for the camper to be considered. Signatures are not required for online registrations.
3rd and 7th Hour Option Classes: Customize your camp experience!
Campers should choose TWO class options. One will serve as your 3rd Hour Option and one as your 7th Hour Option.
Camp Chorus - Most popular Option Class
The 2015 Camp Chorus will present your favorite tunes in a performance that will inspire your parents and friends. This 'choice' class will perform at the Friday Weidner Concert.
3rd Hour Option Choices:
- Flute Ensemble (flute choir)
- Brass Ensemble
- Jazz Lab Band (instrumentalists only-will be selected by audition at camp)
- Hand Drumming Ensemble (for non-percussionists and percussionists)
- Digital Sound Processing/Production
- Musical Theatre (must register for Camp Chorus 7th Hour)
- Clarinet Ensemble (clarinet choir)
- Saxophone Ensemble (saxophone choir)
- Beginning Italian for Singers
- Live Recording Techniques
- Beginning Class Piano
- Studio Strings
- Experimental Music Ensemble
7th Hour Option Choices:
- Camp Chorus (open to both instrumentalists and choral campers)
- Instrumental Jazz Improvisation (instrumentalists only)
- Pop Jazz Vocal Styling
- Beginning Music Theory
- Contemporary Percussion Ensemble (percussionists only)
- Beginning Class Piano
- History of Rock and Hip Hop
UW-Green Bay is accredited by: