UWGB High School Choral Camp
July 16-21, 2017
For campers entering grades 9-12+. Be members of the Phoenix Chorale, conducted by UW-Green Bay Director of Choral Activities, Dr. Randall Meder! Through the in-depth exploration of vocal technique and musical concepts, you'll be finding your own voice, and making memorable music with other serious singers like yourself.
Already Registered? - Pay Camp Balance
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 3:40 pm
- Commuter Fee: $360 (includes instruction, lunches, and camp t-shirt)
- Resident/Housing Fee: $589 (includes instruction, room and board, t-shirt, counselor supervision, and evening activity transportation) The cost of evening activities will vary depending on the camper's choice. It is recommended that you bring $25-$30 in cash for activities.
Guest Faculty and Artists
In addition to the excellent and dedicated UW-Green Bay faculty members who teach at the camps, you will be taught by some of the finest teachers and professional performers from across the country. Click here for more information about this summer’s Music Camp faculty.
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2018 camp.
- Camp Dance and other great social activities: An evening dance will be held for on Thursday, July 20th for Resident Campers.
- Final Concert: 6:00 p.m. in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts on Friday, July 21st. Free and open to the public.
The camp week begins Sunday afternoon, July 16th, with auditions and an all-camp meeting. Daily sessions are held Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. A typical daily schedule is:
- 8:30 a.m. Sectional
- 9:35 a.m. Rehearsal
- 10:40 a.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. Rehearsal
- 1:40 p.m. Comprehensive Musicianship Rehearsal
- 2:45 p.m. Enrichment/Individual Interest Class
- 3:40 p.m. Class Dismissed
Campers entering grades 9–12 in the fall are eligible to apply. All campers must be recommended by a parent or guardian and a school music
director. Their signatures must appear on the application form in order for
the camper to be considered. Signatures are not required for online registrations.
2017 Camp Brochure PDF - inclues paper registration form
In the event a camper must cancel, the Summer Camps Office should be notified no later than one month before the start date of the camp session in order to receive a refund, less a non-refundable deposit of $100. Requests received after that date will not receive a refund. No refunds will be made for withdrawal due to homesickness, sending a camper home for disciplinary reasons, or after the camp has started.
In the event a camper requests to switch camp sessions, an additional $25 processing fee will be applied.
We reserve the right to cancel any camp due to low enrollment; in such a case, all fees paid will be refunded or the camper can choose to apply fees to a different camp/class in the same year.
Overpayments of less than $10 will not be refunded.
3rd and 7th Hour Option Classes: Customize your camp experience!
Campers should choose TWO class options. One will serve as your 3rd Hour Option and one as your 7th Hour Option.
Camp Chorus - Most popular Option Class
The 2017 Camp Chorus will present your favorite tunes in a performance that will inspire your parents and friends. This 'choice' class will perform at the Friday Weidner Concert.
3rd Hour Option Choices:
- Flute Ensemble
- Brass Ensemble
- Jazz Lab Band (instrumentalists only-will be selected by audition at camp) Performs Friday evening at Weidner.
- Hand Drumming Ensemble (for non-percussionists and percussionists)
- Digital Sound Processing/Production
- Musical Theatre (must also register for Camp Chorus 7th Hour) Performs Friday evening at Weidner.
- Clarinet Ensemble
- Saxophone Ensemble
- Italian Diction
- Live Recording Techniques
- Beginning Class Piano
- Studio Strings
- Experimental Music Ensemble
7th Hour Option Choices:
- Camp Chorus (open to both instrumentalists and choral campers) Performs Friday evening at Weidner.
- Instrumental Jazz Improvisation (instrumentalists only)
- Pop Jazz Vocal Styling
- Beginning Music Theory
- Contemporary Percussion Ensemble (percussionists only)
- Beginning Class Piano
- History of Rock and Hip Hop
UW-Green Bay is accredited by: