2013 Information Listed - 2014 Information Coming Soon!
UWGB Jazz Ensemble Camp
For instrumental music campers entering grades 8-12, July 7-11, 2013. With an emphasis on improvisation, campers will learn improvisation techniques and jazz theory from master improvisers, participate in a Jazz ensembles masterclasses and combos, learn recording techniques, and demonstrate all you learn in a public concert. Lead by UW-Green Bay Jazz Faculty John Salerno, Chris Salerno and Adam Gaines, along with community instructors, jazz campers will enjoy learning from expert faculty and the camaraderie of seeing old friends, meeting new ones and playing jazz music together. Open to commuters and housing campers, register by June 28, 2013.
"The highlight of my camp experience was meeting new people, making new friends, and seeing everyone do such a great job at the concert."
-Jazz Ensemble Camper
This camp is now closed.
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Commuter Fee: $275 (includes instruction and camp t-shirt)
- Resident Fee: $495 (includes instruction, room and board, t-shirt, counselor supervision and evening activity transportation) The cost of evening activities will vary depending on your choices.
- A camp talent show! This is a fun and often hilarious event! Previous acts have included comedy routines, karate expos, dance routines, and of course musical acts. The Camp Talent Show is scheduled for Tuesday night, July 9th.
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2014 camp.
- Faculty Concert: Campers will be treated to a professional concert showcasing the extremely talented guest instructors on Wednesday, July 10, 6:00 p.m.
- Final Concert: The week ends with a free public concert at 6:00 p.m. in the University Theatre, Thursday, July 11.
- Check out the Jazz Camp Staff!
Auditions and an all-camp meeting begin the week of Sunday, July 7th. Monday through Thursday, the schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and includes full ensemble rehearsals, instrument classes, music theory, improvisation, and arranging. The lunch hour is Noon - 1:00 p.m. with all campers eating in the Cloud Commons in the University Union. Commuters may bring a bag lunch or purchase a meal card to go through the cafeteria line with the resident campers.
Campers entering grades 8–12+ in the fall are eligible to apply. All registrants must be recommended by a parent or guardian and a school music director. Their signatures must appear on the application form in order for the camper to be considered. Online registration does not require signatures.
The UW-Green Bay Music Dept. is accredited by