UWGB Middle School Band, Orchestra and Choral Camps: July 14-19, 2013
Band, Orchestra, and Choral students entering grades 6-9 are invited to participate in the UW-Green Bay Summer Music Camps! The camp starts on Sunday afternoon, July 14, with orientation and auditions. Monday-Friday, all campers participate in rehearsals, master classes, sectionals, and "camper's choice" classes. Public concerts start at 6:00pm July 19th in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. Make new music and new friends at the UW-Green Bay Music Camps! Open for commuters and housing campers, register by July 8, 2013. Join us as we celebrate our 48th summer!
"My daughter had nervous butterflies about attending the Choir Camp but after the first day she felt assured that this was the right place for her! She had fun! She would go to bed early so the next day would come sooner so she could go back to Camp! That says a lot about the UWGB organization - she will be back next year!"
- Parent of a Music Camper
- Daily Class Hours: 8:30 am - 3:40 pm
- Commuter Fee: $275 (includes instruction and camp t-shirt)
- Resident/Housing Fees: $495 (includes instruction, room and board, camp t-shirt, counselor supervision and evening activity transportation)
Auditions will be held for Band, Orchestra, and Choir participants on Sunday afternoon.
There are no auditions for 6th & 7th graders in X-Band.
Campers just like you from all over Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Illiniois and Minnesota are amazed at how much they learn in just one week of UW-Green Bay's Summer Music Camp. Whether you've just started playing your instrument or you've been playing or singing for a few years already, this camp will move you to a new level in your skills and love for music. You will start school this fall with honed skills that will impress your music teacher and enhance the quality of your performing group at school. Be part of an amazing tradition! Sign up for the UW-Green Bay Summer Music Camp today!
- Awards: Outstanding campers will be chosen to receive partial scholarships to the 2014 camp.
- Camp Dance and other great social activities: An evening dance will be held on Thursday, July 18th.
- Final Concert: Friday, July 19th at 6:00 p.m. in the prestigious Weidner Center for the Performing Arts.
The camp week begins Sunday afternoon, July 14th, with auditions and an all-camp meeting. Daily sessions are held Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. A typical daily schedule is as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. Sectional
- 9:35 a.m. Rehearsal
- 10:40 a.m. Option Class*
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:35 p.m. Rehearsal
- 1:40 p.m. Comprehensive Musicianship Rehearsal
- 2:45 p.m. Option Class*