Transfer Students

UW-Green Bay Admissions Office Web site:

Information for Transfer Students

Credit Evaluation
Transfer students will receive an official credit evaluation to determine what courses and credits can be accepted to fulfill UW-Green Bay requirements. The accreditation status of the previous institution or institutions attended and the quality of a student's achievement are factors for determining course and credit transferability.

Credit evaluations for the current semester will be started after all transcripts have arrived at UW-Green Bay and the student has been admitted. If a student is enrolled at another college when accepted at UW-Green Bay, a tentative evaluation will be completed and sent; the final evaluation will be held until a final transcript showing grades from the last term is received. Then the evaluation will be completed and e-mailed directly to the student's UW-Green Bay e-mail address.

General Education Requirements
A student who transfers to UW-Green Bay must satisfy general education requirements by completing or transferring courses which:

  • satisfy English and mathematics competency requirements as determined by ACT/SAT I scores or other placement test scores.
  • meet the breadth requirements of nine credits in the humanities, nine credits in the social sciences, three credits in the fine arts, and 10 to 12 credits in the natural sciences.
  • fulfill the three-credit ethnic studies requirement.
  • fulfill the three-credit world culture requirement, either by taking or transferring a course approved for this requirement or through another approved world culture experience.
  • satisfy the writing emphasis requirement (3 to 12 credits, depending on the number of credits transferred). Writing emphasis courses are offered in most subject areas and may be used to simultaneously fulfill other general education, major, minor, and professional program requirements.

Transfer students will be informed in writing by the Registrar's Office of their standing with respect to fulfilling general education requirements on the credit evaluation.

Transferable Coursework
In order to be credited as transferable coursework, the course must be successfully completed at an accredited college or university. Also, each course must have a "D" grade or better in order to receive degree credit.