skip to content

UW-Green Bay College Credit in High School

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order my transcript?

Students ordering their transcripts should visit Choose the second option: "If you do not have an active SIS account please CLICK HERE to place an order on-line." This will allow you to order your transcript using your social security number.


Will my credits transfer?

Each university reserves the right to evaluate transfer courses according to its own criteria. In the University of Wisconsin System, for example, the decision to accept or deny the courses and credits may involve the content and level of the course, the quality of the student's achievement or the appropriateness of the course to the student's college program. While most of our courses have transferred in the past, we cannot guarantee transfer.

The Transfer Information System (TIS) web site is intended to make the transfer process as smooth and understandable as possible.

If you are not attending a UW-System school, you will need to contact the school you are attending to see if your credits with transfer. When you contact them, explain you are enrolled in a dual enrollment class through UW-Green Bay and are earning transcripted college credit for your class. Give them your course number (on the label in your folder) so they can look up the course. Keep a copy of your syllabus in case they need to review it to determine how it will transfer.


How do I log into my SIS account?

Students will recieve a network account letter from their teacher a few weeks after they register for their class. The network account information will contain their network account username and password. When students log into their SIS account, it might not work. This is because the password expires 6 months after they applied for the class. Students should use the "Reset Password" link on the SIS login screen. The students 9-digit campus ID number is the numbers from the password on their network account letter. Students should reset the password and then be able to log into their account.

If you are still unable to access your account, please contact the UWGB Help Desk at or 920-465-2309.


What is the difference between CCIHS and AP courses?

Advanced Placement (AP) consists of college-level courses and examinations for high school students. The courses may take the form of an honors class taught by a teacher following an Advanced Placement outline. The courses may also be available through independent study. The courses require a full year to complete, primarily because all exams are given each spring in May. Click on Advanced Placement Program for more information.

CCIHS provides an opportunity for academically qualified high school students to pursue rigorous advanced subjects sometimes available only at the college level.

Whereas AP courses offer students an opportunity to earn academic credit only through AP tests, UW-Green Bay credit is automatically earned upon successful completion of a CCIHS course with all course work counting towards the final grade. CCIHS courses must meet the standards for instruction, content, student work expectations and evaluation that exist within UW-Green Bay's on-campus degree programs.


Who determines whether I am eligible to participate?

Student eligibility criteria for participation in college credit courses will be determined by UW-Green Bay in collaboration with the participating high school. Examples of such eligibility criteria include passing a proficiency exam within the content area, earning a particular grade point average, successfully completing prerequisite courses, demonstrating exceptional talent in the content area, or submitting validation from a high school faculty member that the student is qualified to take college course work in a content area.

Students who have completed UW courses taught in their high school will be considered for admission to UW institutions on the basis of the same criteria as other high school students.


How do I get my grades?

All course grades will be posted in the Student Information System.

Using your campus network account, you will be able to view and print out grade reports from this location.

However, an official transcript of grades can only be obtained from the University Registrar.