Fall/Winter Commencement Details for Guests
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay's Fall/Winter Commencement ceremony will be held at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, December 17, 2016, in the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. See maps, directions and parking for more information.
You will need tickets to attend, so be sure to plan for this with your graduate. The Commencement ceremony is approximately 1-1/2 hours in length.
The front doors to the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts will open at 10:00 a.m. to allow graduates to robe and assemble. Cofrin Family Hall (main seating area) will open at 10:30 a.m. for guest seating.
Graduates will be assembling and robing in Studio One and Fort Howard Hall of the Weidner Center, where the processional will form. Due to limited space, guests are not allowed in these areas.
Ceremony Schedule of Events
Three categories of degrees are awarded: Masters, Associate of Arts and Sciences, and Bachelor's degrees. Following a certain amount of pomp and circumstance, the Chancellor will call graduates in the degree categories to the platform to receive their diplomas.
- After the faculty and staff have recessed, the student marshals will lead graduates to alternating exits leading to the main lobby, where they will join their guests.
- A professional photographer will take photos of all graduates at the ceremony.
- The commencement ceremony will be broadcast via live video streaming. Click here on commencement day or go to the UW-Green Bay website home page.
- The ceremony will also be electronically recorded. DVD's will be available for purchase by contacting the campus Academic Technology Services department at (920) 465-2416 or email@example.com.
- On Twitter? Share your excitement, congratulations or words of wisdom by adding the #gbgrad hashtag to your tweets.
- Call Jan Snyder (920) 465-2082, Office of the Provost, with any questions or ambulatory needs.