Spring/Summer Ceremony Details for Guests
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay's Spring/Summer Commencement ceremony will be held Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 11:30 a.m. at the Kress Events Center (click here for directions).
The Commencement ceremony is approximately 2 hours in length.
The outside doors of the Kress Events Center will be open at 8:00 a.m., as for normal business hours. The Kress Center Arena will open at 10:00 a.m. for guest seating. Graduates will be assembling and robing in the Dick Bennett Gym just down the hall, where the processional will form. Due to limited space, guests are not allowed in the robing area.
Ceremony Schedule of Events
Three categories of degrees are awarded: Masters, Associate of Arts and Sciences, and Bachelor's degrees. Following a certain amount of pomp and circumstance, the Chancellor will call graduates in the degree categories to the platform to receive their diplomas.
- Following the ceremony the faculty and staff will recess first, followed by the graduates. Guests are asked to remain in the arena until the end of the recessional.
- A professional photographer will take photos of all graduates at the ceremony. Click here for more details.
- The commencement ceremony will be electronically recorded and DVD's will be available for purchase by contacting the campus Media Services department at (920) 465-2416 or email@example.com.
- On Twitter? Share your excitement, congratulations or words of wisdom by adding the #gbgrad hashtag to your tweets.
- Call Jan Snyder (920) 465-2082, Office of the Provost, with any questions or ambulatory needs.