Are we educating our students for citizenship?
The Common Theme is a yearlong program to engage the campus and community in the ideals of a liberal arts education and the UW-Green Bay interdisciplinary mission. It is designed to encourage faculty, staff, students, and community members to focus on a general theme from multiple perspectives and have a shared experience with open discussion and critical thinking.Learn More »
Election Day is November 4, 2014. Voter Information can be found here.
Given the range of important social and political issues that are currently facing the world, it is more important now than ever before to get people thinking about ways that they can engage in public life, politics, and civic activities. Students need to have the idea that engaging in public life is important and be continually pushed to think about what they are learning connects back to their role as citizens.
News stories in Inside
- Common Theme chosen for 2015-16
May 11, 2015
- Common Theme proposals for 2015-16 are due April 19
April 9, 2015
- Reminder: UW-Green Bay and its community
April 2, 2015
- Mayor Schmitt, others join for Common Theme ‘Phoenix Talk’ on Thursday
March 30, 2015
- Veteran journalist to headline Dec. 4 UW-Green Bay Common Theme event
November 26, 2014