Are we educating our students for citizenship?
The Common Theme is a yearlong program to engage the campus and community in the ideals of a liberal arts education and the UW-Green Bay interdisciplinary mission. It is designed to encourage faculty, staff, students, and community members to focus on a general theme from multiple perspectives and have a shared experience with open discussion and critical thinking.Learn More »
Election Day is November 4, 2014. Voter Information can be found here.
Given the range of important social and political issues that are currently facing the world, it is more important now than ever before to get people thinking about ways that they can engage in public life, politics, and civic activities. Students need to have the idea that engaging in public life is important and be continually pushed to think about what they are learning connects back to their role as citizens.
News stories in Inside
- Reminder: Common Theme proposals due Dec. 1
November 20, 2014
- Now seeking proposals for the next Common Theme
October 23, 2014
- ‘Phoenix Talks,’ modeled after popular TEDx series, to be presented Nov. 3-6
October 20, 2014
- UW-Green Bay to host November ‘Phoenix Talks,’ modeled after popular TEDx series
October 17, 2014
- New year, new Common Theme: Engaging in Public Life
August 26, 2014