All fields of study and industries are impacted by global issues. Are You a Global Citizen?
The Common Theme is a yearlong program to engage the campus and community in the ideals of a liberal arts education and the UW-Green Bay interdisciplinary mission. It is designed to encourage faculty, staff, students, and community members to focus on a general theme from multiple perspectives and have a shared experience with open discussion and critical thinking.Learn More »
Globalization has triggered a wide range of social, cultural, political, environmental, and economic changes throughout the world. Virtually all fields of study and industries are now impacted by global issues. The purpose of the theme is to involve students, faculty, staff, and our community in a focused dialogue about international issues and our roles as engaged citizens in the world community. The theme will enable concentrated exploration of our moral and ethical responsibilities to the world community.
News stories in Inside
- ‘Living on One Dollar’ screening, discussion to be held Feb. 18
February 13, 2014
- ‘Engaging in Public Life’ chosen as next Common Theme
January 24, 2014
- Final reminder: Common Theme proposals due Monday
November 27, 2013
- Modern-day abolitionist Russell to speak about efforts to end sex trafficking
November 19, 2013
- Common Theme proposals due Dec. 2
November 15, 2013