What is the nature of creativity? How can we foster creativity and innovative thinking in our students? What are we doing to cultivate the next generation of "visionaries"?
The Common Theme is a yearlong program to engage the campus and community in the ideals of a liberal arts education and the UW-Green Bay interdisciplinary mission. It is designed to encourage faculty, staff, students, and community members to focus on a general theme from multiple perspectives and have a shared experience with open discussion and critical thinking.Learn More »
We will spend the 2012-2013 academic year examining creativity, innovation and vision through the lens of questions such as:
- What is the nature of creativity?
- How can we as an institution foster creativity and innovative thinking in our students?
- What are we doing to cultivate the next generation of "visionaries"?
- How can we better cultivate organizational cultures that support creativity, innovation, collaboration and interdisciplinary connections?
News stories in Inside
- Now seeking proposals for the next Common Theme
October 23, 2014
- ‘Phoenix Talks,’ modeled after popular TEDx series, to be presented Nov. 3-6
October 20, 2014
- UW-Green Bay to host November ‘Phoenix Talks,’ modeled after popular TEDx series
October 17, 2014
- New year, new Common Theme: Engaging in Public Life
August 26, 2014
- ‘Living on One Dollar’ screening, discussion to be held Feb. 18
February 13, 2014