Scholarships are offered each spring to qualifying Communication majors who meet the specified criteria. The scholarship application procedure is below.
|Green Bay Media Scholarship||Up to $650 is typically awarded to one or more students who are sophomores, juniors, or seniors interested in areas highlighted in the attached link.|
|Laura Hollingsworth Scholarship||Typically one student is awarded $1000 in two equal installments, the second half contingent on continuing to meet selection criteria.|
|Craig A. Mueller Communication Scholarship||Individual student scholarships have ranged from $500 to $2500 depending on the relative strengths of candidates.|
|Althea Steele Lederer Scholarship||Up to $400 is typically awarded to one student majoring in either art or journalism with preference given to those who are physically disabled.|
|Ralph R. Stein Memorial Scholarship||Up to $200 is typically awarded to one student majoring in Communication.|
*Click on links for more information.
Scholarships Application Procedure
- The Cover form (.DOC).
- An unofficial transcript pasted into a word document (found in SIS).
- An up-to-date professional resume.
- A professional written essay with specific attention given to the scholarship directions (click on scholarship names above).
- To be considered, all materials must be received no later than 5 p.m. on March 31. Scholarship
applicants will be notified in April. Materials should be
completed in Microsoft Word and uploaded to a special D2L website.
Please follow these directions:
- Log into D2L here: http://www.uwgb.edu/ltc/d2l/
- Click on self registration on the top left of the screen.
- Choose "COMMUNICATION SCHOLARSHIPS," and follow on-screen registration directions.
- Click on the dropbox link at the top, then choose the folder "Scholarships, Spring 20XX" (choose appropriate year).
- Upload all application materials to this folder.
- You are done!
Expectations for Students Who Receive a Scholarship
Students who are awarded a scholarship can use the funds to satisfy their education needs. For example, to pay for tuition. Students awarded funds are also required to:
- Attend an informal scholarship reception near the end of the spring semester.
- Send a gracious handwritten card thanking the scholarship sponsor (information provided after students receive an award).
- Participate in a service activity for the Communication department
during the Spring semester. Examples of these are:
- Serving as a teaching assistant, research assistant, Communication department PR representative, Communication department ambassador or completing a special project of service to the Communication department.
- Attend the university-wide Chancellor's Named Scholarship Reception scheduled in the Fall. Students who receive scholarships mingle with donors and professors. It is a special day where we celebrate our great students!
For Additional Information
Contact Professor Adolfo Garcia, 920-465-5042 / firstname.lastname@example.org.