Tips on How to Prepare a Resume:
- Tailor the resume for the specific opportunity by highlighting technical qualifications that match specific job requirements.
- Summarize the technologies with which you are familiar and how long you have used each one.
- Emphasize all certification and advanced training in specific software or hardware.
- Highlight your achievements. Demonstrate your impact on the bottom line, showing ways you improved productivity, reduced cost or increased efficiency.
- Show areas where you have been given increased responsibility for a job well done.
- Include special recognition, awards or participation in relevant trade or professional organizations.
- Proofread for errors. You can be screened out for not being detail-oriented.
- Review your resume with your references so that they are up to date on your current accomplishments.
- Update after every position or assignment.
Online Job Resources
- Association for Computing Machines. ACM is the world's oldest and largest educational and scientific computing society.
- Association for Women in Computing. Promoting the advancement of women in the computing professions.
- ComputerWorld Careers.
- Dice.com, Online employment web site specifically for the high tech field.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette (find a job in the classified's with the Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- indeed.com. Great jobs & career information for software developers. Also has over 30,000 jobs in a searchable database on this site!
- Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals. "The way to the top of the computing profession."
- Monster.com, Largest online employment web site.
- UWGB Career Web Site, UWGB's Career Services Department
- Wisconsin JobNet Job Search, JobNet contains current job opportunities that employers have listed with Wisconsin Job Services
Links for More Help:
- For course listings and descriptions for Computer Science and other disciplines, check out UW-Green Bay’s Programs of Study page.
- More help is available on-campus at the Career Services Office at SS 1600, 465-2163.
- Contact Academic Advising at SS 1600, 465-2362.
- Another service for UW System students on the Web is UW HELP On-Line. This service provides in-depth information on the programs of the UW System.