Travel & Transportation: FAQs

What is the maximum lodging rate for Wisconsin?
See "Lodging" on the Travel Information page.

Only hotel contract vendors may be used. There is the exception when a conference site is being used.


What is a conference site?
A conference site is where the conference is actually being held—not where the organizer recommends a hotel.


What are the meal maximums for in-state and out-of-state?
All meal maximums include tax and tip. Tip maximum is 15%.
Meal Maximum Information

On one day meetings or conferences:

  • Departure must be before 6:00 a.m. to be reimbursed for breakfast.
  • Departure must be before 10:30 a.m. and return after 2:30 p.m. to be reimbursed for lunch.
  • Return must be after 7:00 p.m. or depart headquarters for overnight travel before 6:00 p.m. to be reimbursed for dinner.

Meal Information


What is the mileage rate reimbursement?
See "Private Vehicles" under the "Transportation" heading on the Travel Information page.


Who is our contract vendor for rental cars?
See "Rental Car " under the "Transportation" heading on the Travel Information page.


What is needed for reimbursement?

  • Original receipts only.

  • Lodging folio with the breakdown.

  • Airline boarding pass.

  • Completed conference registration form and conference brochure.

  • Original receipt for expenses in excess of $25.00.

  • Meal purchased for someone else, original ITEMIZED receipt is required along with the name of the person(s) the meal is purchased for.

  • Travel Expense Report Tips