Womens Health Exam
While a paptest (screening for cervical cancer) is not needed until age 21, there are other reasons to be seem on a yearly basis. Being sexually active, having menstrual difficulties, irregular periods, vaginal discharge or pelvic pain are reasons that a vaginal exam or testing may be needed. The Health Center Doctors or nurse practitioners require annual exams in order to have some one start or continue on a birth control product.
To schedule a pelvic exam:
- Make an appointment to see a nurse. Call (920) 465-2380.
- The nurse will explain the exam.
- If you are or are planning to be sexually active, the nurse will discuss birth control and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
- An appointment with a physician will be made.
- Costs (may be covered by those enrolled in Family Planning Services program):
- Exam $37.00
- Pap $42.00
- Chlamydia Swab $22.00
- Gonorrhea Swab $22.00
- HIV Test $18.00
- Syphilis $9.00
- Herpes Culture $16.00