Family Planning Waiver program (PDF)
Latex condoms reduce the risk of pregnancy and have the added benefit of reducing risk for some
sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Condoms can be purchased in the restrooms of the Phoenix
Club in the Student Union and the unisex restrooms in the lower level of the Community Center at Resident Life area. For more information on
condoms, contact the Counseling and Health Center, SS 1400, (920) 465-2380.
To determine what type of birth control you might be interested in, go to:
Oral contraceptives ("the pill") are pills containing synthetic hormones that prevent pregnancy
primarily by blocking ovulation. Oral contraceptives do not protect
against STDs. The brands of oral
contraceptives presently available at the Counseling and Health Center are Apri, Orthocyclen, OrthoEvra, OrthoTricyclen and Triessa. An annual pelvic exam and pap smear are needed if you wish to be on oral contraceptives.
To obtain the pill from the Counseling and Health Center:
Birth Control Pills Handout (PDF)
- Make an appointment to see a nurse by calling (920) 465-2380.
- The nurse will provide you with pertinent information about the pelvic exam and the birth control pill.
- The nurse will then schedule an appointment for you to see the physician for this exam.
- Cost $10-$15.00 per package (one month's supply).
Depo Provera Injections
Depo Provera is an injection (shot) of a progesterone like chemical that protects against pregnancy for
3 months. Depo Provera does not protect against STDs. An annual pelvic exam and pap smear are needed if
you wish to receive contraceptive injections.
To receive Depo Provera injections:
ECP (Emergency Contraceptive Pill)
- Make an appointment to see a nurse. Call (920) 465-2380.
- The nurse will provide you with pertinent information about exam and injectable contraceptives.
- The nurse will then schedule an appointment for you to see the physician for a pelvic exam and Pap smear.
- Cost Depo Provera, $58 per injection (need every 12 weeks); $11 pregnancy test (initially to start).
Visit the ECP page for more information.