|Missing Student Notification
Campus safety and security is a goal all of us need to work together to achieve. From locking our car doors to reporting suspicious behavior, an active role needs to be taken to protect both ourselves, and the rest of the campus community. But sometimes accidents happen. A trip leads to an injury. A car ride becomes a car accident. For this reason we ask each student to review their Emergency Contact Information in SIS. If you have not already entered at least one emergency contact person, please do so now. Examples of an emergency contact can be a family member, spouse, friend, domestic partner or an extended family member.
In addition to your emergency contact, the university is now required by federal law to request a “Missing Person” contact. This contact person would only be notified if it was determined you were missing for 24 hours. For minors, the default will be to notify your parents unless you have been legally emancipated from them. For all other students, the university will assume you want your emergency contact person(s) notified unless enter you enter a “Missing Person” contact into SIS. This information will remain confidential and only shared should the need arise to make such a contact.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Dean of Students Office (920-465-2152) or UWGB Public Safety (920-465-2300).
To add an emergency contact, start with logging into your SIS Account.
- Near the bottom of your home screen is the Personal Information box. Select the Emergency Contact link in that box.
- This will bring up a display of your current emergency contacts. Please check that contact information is up today for your current contacts.
- Delete any contacts you no longer wish to have registered with the university.
- To add a contact, select the Add An Emergency Contact button.
- Fill in the information for your contact.
- Select a Relationship type from the drop down menu. Your options are Domestic Partner, Friend, If I am a Missing Person, Other, Other Relative, Parent or Spouse.
- Enter the contact’s phone number. Please note you can add multiple phone numbers for one contact such as home, cell and work numbers by clicking on the Add a Phone Number button at the bottom of the page.
- Don’t forget to click on the Save button on the bottom.