Disability Services (DS) Office has paid notetakers to provide class notes for students who, because of their disability, are unable to take class notes themselves. Announcements are made for the paid note taker position. The DS Office hires and monitors the notetakers. The notetakers are to upload their notes to the GB Share at least twice a week. The student requiring the notes will be given unlimited access to their notes for each class on the GB Share.
- Students are responsible for contacting the Coordinator of Disability Services (CDS) each semester to identify which classes a notetaker will be needed.
- Only one set of class notes per class for each student with a disability will be provided.
- Notes will not be typed for students except by special arrangement with the CDS.
- Student needs to be registered with the Disability Services Office.
- Student meets with the CDS each semester after they have attended class and received a class syllabus. CDS fills out accommodation form for student to give to each of their instructors.
- Student hand delivers the accommodations form to each instructor.
- The course instructor announces notetaking position in each class.
- The DS staff meets with notetaker to give instructions and hires the notetaker. The note taker is to upload notes to GB Share at least twice a week.
- Student needing the notes will be given access to the uploaded notes for each class on the GB Share.
- It is the student's responsibility to let the DS staff know if the notes are not provided on a weekly basis. The paid note taker will be warned and if needed another note taker will be found.
- Students are encouraged to use tape recorders and/or smart pens whenever possible to supplement the class notes.
- Please let the office know as soon as possible if you drop a class or do not need notes for a particular class.
Note: Faculty can provide access to their notes in lieu of hiring a notetaker.