Major Activities of the Center
- Foster consultative relationships with tribal elders to support curriculum development.
- Create and maintain a “curriculum and instructional resources clearinghouse” that represents best practices in the design and delivery of transformational instruction.
- Develop/extend partnerships with First Nations, state education organizations, tribal entities, and other institutions of higher education in support of First Nations education.
- Provide consultation and assessment services to teachers and school districts regarding curriculum, teaching materials and instructional methodology.
- Monitor and influence state educational policies and practices related to Wisconsin Act 31.
- Research and develop proposals for grants and resources to support Center activities and research initiatives.