Wisconsin Educational Act 31
Wisconsin Act 31 mandates that students in public schools must be provided education about the Wisconsin Native American Cultures through three separate sessions: one in grade school a second in middle school and a third in high school. Although located on the UWGB campus, the Center is a resource to education students, K through 12 teachers, and First Nation studies students anywhere in Wisconsin.
This website is THE place to go for resources on teaching American Indian Studies.
- Facts about the website and Wisconsin Indians
- Informational packets on Wisconsin Indian history and also curriculum standards to be addressed
- Frequently asked questions and answers on Wisconsin Indians
- Instructional resources
- Links to tribal home pages, university programs, national resources and media sources
- Language and Culture Education resources and teaching requirements