0188D - Educator Effectiveness: The Key to Improving Student Learning (GBAPS Teachscape Certification Training)
This course is open to administrators in the Green Bay Area Public School District or to those who have a Teachscape Evaluator License for Wisconsin and who have been approved by Ann Barszcz for participation in this course.
Course Description:This course is designed to enhance the professional knowledge and practice of principals and other administrators who supervise and evaluate teachers in order to ensure that each child has a highly qualified and effective teacher to guide their learning. Completion of this course will prepare participants to take the Teachscape Certification Proficiency Examination. Major course topics include:
• Learning about the Wisconsin Educator Effectiveness Model
• Developing a common framework for defining and observing effective instruction
• Recognizing rater bias as it pertains to the evaluation of teachers
• Using technology tools to collect, measure, and analyze teacher performance data
~Offered in partnership with Green Bay Area Public Schools.
Three Graduate Credits ($637)
- Course Number: ED & HUD 795-2, section 7403 (#0188D)
- Prerequisite: Graduate Standing (Must have earned a bachelor’s degree); must be an administrator in the Green Bay Area Public School District, or must have a Teachscape Evaluator License for Wisconsin and have been approved by Ann Barszcz for participation in this course – email@example.com
- Schedule: This course will begin on Monday, March 24 and end on Monday, May 12, 2014. During this time, participants will engage in face-to-face meeting times (please refer to the schedule given to you by GBAPS for the specific meeting dates and times). In addition to these scheduled meeting dates and times, participants will spend a minimum of fifteen hours of time outside of class in the viewing of online videos and webinars as part of the Teachscape Focus and Learn training. (The official course start and end dates for fee and grade reporting purposes are April 7 to May 27, 2014.)
- Teacher Standards # 2, 3, 6, 7
Location of Course: Green Bay - Green Bay Area Public SchoolsCourse Instructor(s): Ann Barszcz - Instructor Bio                                        Theresa Willems - Instructor Bio
Registration Deadline: 04/11/2014
Syllabus Link: Click here for PDF of course syllabus
To Register For This Course:
Click the "Register Online" link or contact Mary Ann in the UW-Green Bay Education Outreach Office at (920) 465-2480 or toll-free at 800-621-2313. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM-4:30 PM. Or, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to download a printable registration form in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.