0989C - Sheboygan 1 to 1 Initiative
Registration for this Event is Closed
This course is open to Sheboygan School District educators who have participated in the 1 to 1 kick-off day on August 2nd!
Course Description:This hands-on course is designed to provide differentiated support to teachers in Sheboygan Area School District’s 1:1 program. This course will begin with a review of current research. Training will include how to use the iPadII as well as specific applications such as Educreations, Evernote, and Keynote. A variety of interactive learning experiences will be provided to help teachers design lessons that address classroom learning targets using these resources. Participants will also explore the flipped classroom concept by reading and discussing a book written by the teachers who created the practice. Teachers will be supported on an individual basis to meet their personal learning needs and will work with the instructional technology support teacher to map out a plan for continued support.
FULL SCHEDULE for the ONE GRADUATE CREDIT OPTION:
- Attend ONE of these three-hour training sessions focused on laptop training & digital curriculum conversion:
* Monday, August 6, 2012 (9-12) or (12:30-3:30)
* Tuesday, August 7, 2012 (9-12) or (12:30-3:30)
* Wednesday, August 15, 2012 (9-12) or (12:30-3:30)
* Thursday, August 16, 2012 (9-12) or (12:30-3:30)
* Monday, August 27, 2012 (3:30-6:30)
* Tuesday, August 28, 2012 (3:30-6:30)
* Wednesday, August 29, 2012 (3:30-6:30)
- Attend August 28, 2012 (7-hour training day): Teachers will be working independently or in small groups, with guidance from the instructional technology team, to begin the digital conversion of their curriculum. Integrating technology into the curriculum will be the key focus of this time. The “digital conversion” will include, but is not limited to: a complete revamping of curriculum delivery or a lesson and unit re-design based on the technologies available. Teachers may use the applications they learned about during the prior training sessions, or different technologies they have discovered on their own.
- Participate in Book Discussions (one hour each) via Edmodo the weeks of August 20, August 27, September 10, and October 8, 2012.
- Schedule & complete Exit Session (one hour) with Nathan Mielke, instructional technology support teacher.
All meetings and course work must be completed no later than December 21, 2012.
~Reduced tuition for this course is made possible through our partnership with the Sheboygan Area School District!
One Graduate Credit ($204)
- Course Number: ED & HUD 795-6, section 7417 (#0989C)
- Graduate Standing (Must have earned a bachelor’s degree);
- Must be employed with the Sheboygan Area School District or approved by Judy Kapellen, Coordinator of Instructional Technology;
- All credit participants must come to the initial 1:1 kick-off on August 2nd which will focus on integrating technology into the curriculum, namely the use of iPads and applications such as Educreations, Evernote, and Keynote, to support student learning.
- Schedule: The official start date for registration and fee purposes is August 28, 2012. All course assignments must be completed by December 21, 2012. Please refer to the course description above or the course syllabus link below for the complete schedule for those enrolling for the one graduate credit option.
- Teacher Standards # 3, 4, 6, 7
- Administrator Standards # N/A
Location of Course: Sheboygan - Sheboygan Area School DistrictCourse Instructor(s): Nathan Mielke - Instructor Bio
Registration Deadline: 9/6/2012
Syllabus Link: Click here for PDF of course syllabus
To Register For This Course:Click the Register Online link or contact Crystal in the UW-Green Bay Education Outreach Office at (920) 465-2480 or toll-free at 800-621-2313. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM-4:30 PM. Or, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for this Event is Closed