Earth Caretaker Award
This award recognizes University of Wisconsin-Green Bay graduates who have distinguished themselves in their professional field and are widely recognized for their career accomplishments in the areas of sustainability, environmental management, environmental policy, or other closely related areas. If you know of a UW-Green Bay alumnus who meets the award’s criteria, please return to complete the online nomination form to be considered for a future award.
2014 Earth Caretaker Award Recipient
A leader with proven business acumen who has years of executive level leadership, Paul brings a strong background of 35+ years as a ‘business activist’ with a deep and abiding belief that business can benefit from triple bottom line thinking. He is currently the Sustainability Leader at ThedaCare, which has five hospitals and 25 clinics and is the largest employer in NE Wisconsin. Paul is known as an international strategist and speaker on business Innovation and Sustainability principles. In the past, he was a US delegate to the OECD’s Sustainable Manufacturing and Eco-Innovation committee. He also is a past Chair of the Wisconsin Workforce Investment Council, the Bay Area Workforce Development Board, and the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Has earned either an undergraduate and/or graduate degree from UW-Green Bay.
- Has not attended UW-Green Bay in the last 10 years.
- Must have a distinctive and distinguished record of achievement with recognition and reputation extending well beyond the immediate environment in which they live and work.
- The record of distinctive achievement should extend over a substantial period of time to assure continuity of performance, stability and maturity.
- Alumni, friends of the University, faculty/staff, and the public at large are invited to make nominations.
- Nominations are accepted year round (via the website or mail), with the deadline of October 31 for consideration for the award for the following year.
- Nominees are notified and asked to submit the following for their file:
- Letter of application
- Any additional documentation they wish to provide including letters of recommendation from others
- Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony, which will be part of the annual EMBI Green Innovations Conference held during Earth Week.
- After all the necessary documents have been received, candidates remain active for consideration for a period of three years
- One award will be presented each year
Contact the EMBI Associate Director:
John Arendt at 920-465-2278 or email@example.com