"Every profession bears the responsibility to understand the circumstances that enable its existence." ― Robert Gutman
The Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI) was established in August 2008, and helps strengthen the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s leadership position in the promotion of environmental awareness and eco-friendly initiatives.
Make your degree greener!
Business leaders are looking for employees that understand sustainable strategies and can introduce or extend environmentally friendly practices at their companies. Our certificate program provides you with an overview of environmental sustainability concepts and how to apply them in a business context.
Green Innovations 2014
This year's symposium is "Heating the Midwest with Renewable Biomass" and will be held at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin, April 29 – May 1,2014 in partnership with Heating the Midwest and The Oneida Nation.
News stories in Inside
- Out of the landfill: Plastic film recycling launches at Eco U
February 28, 2014
- Past EMBI speaker Pregracke honored as CNN Hero for 2013
December 11, 2013
- Expanding opportunities: Two offices split $150K grant to promote internships
October 4, 2013
- CFPA, EMBI receive $150K Career Ready Internship Initiative grant
October 3, 2013
- UW-Green Bay honors faculty, staff standouts with 2013 Founders Awards
August 28, 2013