"Every profession bears the responsibility to understand the circumstances that enable its existence." ― Robert Gutman
The Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI) was established in August 2008, and helps strengthen the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s leadership position in the promotion of environmental awareness and eco-friendly initiatives.
Make your degree greener!
Business leaders are looking for employees that understand sustainable strategies and can introduce or extend environmentally friendly practices at their companies. Our certificate program provides you with an overview of environmental sustainability concepts and how to apply them in a business context.
Green Innovations 2014
This year's symposium is "Heating the Midwest with Renewable Biomass" and will be held at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin, April 29 – May 1,2014 in partnership with Heating the Midwest and The Oneida Nation.
News stories in Inside
- Aurora BayCare commits $107,000 to renew EMBI grant
January 2, 2015
- EMBI, grad student get $7,000 for Tosca study of shipping containers
September 12, 2014
- UW-Green Bay receives $150K grant to boost internship opportunities
August 26, 2014
- EMBI summer intern helps Port Washington launch sustainability push
August 7, 2014
- In the news: Heating the Midwest conference wraps up
May 2, 2014