Associate Professor (Chair)
- TH 383
- (920) 465-2158
Research Interests: Poetry; The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning; 20th and 21st Century American Literature; Experimental Literature; Digital Humanities
Books and Chapbooks:
- </War>. Under contract with Main Street Rag. Publication in early 2013.
- What I Did During the Wars. Accepted for publication by Parallel Press, University of Wisconsin—Madison. Publication Date: July 2014.
- Tongue and Groove. Charlotte: Main Street Rag, 2007. (Poetry)
- Liketown. Columbus: Pudding House Publications, 2007. (Poetry)
- Nickel and Diming My Way Through. Winner of the 2004 Quentin R. Howard Prize in Poetry, selected by Ron Rash. Lexington: Wind Press, 2005. (Poetry)
- "The Nature of Man." Verse Wisconsin. (Forthcoming.) "Countdown Series." Infinity's Kitchen. (Forthcoming)
- "Three." Brawler Lit.
- "Argus." Reprinted. Southern Poetry Review.
- "After the Disagreements." Verse Wisconsin.
- "What I Did During the War: Wasps." Rerprinted. Verse Wisconsin Online.
- "What I Did During the War: Wasps." 2013 Wisconsin Poets Calendar.
- "What I Did During the War: Collateral Damage." Mobius: A Journal of Social Change.
- "Loose-Leaf Gospel." Stoneboat. November, 2011.
- "Used Book." Verse Wisconsin. July, 2011.
- "A Watched Pot." Verse Wisconsin. November, 2011.
- "On My Daughter Falling Asleep While Gripping My Shirt." Verse Wisconsin. November, 2011.
- "Must Everyone Write A Poem Subtitled After Dean Young?" Verse Wisconsin. March, 2011.
- "Cinderella, as Told by Birds." The Cincinnati Review, 2010.
- "What I Did During the War: Rendition." Waccamaw, 2010. (Online)
- UW-Green Bay/CATL Teaching Scholars, 2010-2011. Project: Student incorporation of open versus anonymous feedback in creative writing classes.
- Recipient, Chancellor's Teaching Fellowship, UW-Colleges, 2007-2008. Project: Moving Beyond Identification: Teaching Metaphor.
Education: PhD in English and Comparative Literature, University of Cincinnati, 2003; M.A. in English, Iowa State University, 1994; B.A. in English, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1992; B.A. in History, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1992.
- Humanistic Studies 198: First-Year Seminar: "Playing Dress Up"
- English 212: Introduction to Creative Writing
- English 301: Intermediate Creative Writing: Poetry
- English 303: Advanced Poetry Writing Workshop: The Chapbook
- English 304: Creative Non-fiction Workshop
- English 322: Major Poetry
- English 331: Major American Prose Fiction
- English 498: Independent Study: Fiction Writing
- English 436: Major Authors: Don DeLillo
- Humanistic Studies/English Independent Study 498: Digital Humanities