skip to content
What's Unique About This Major?
- HISTORY. While many universities are just beginning to recognize the need for environmental science programs, UW-Green Bay has over 30 years of teaching and research experience in the field. It was one of the first programs in the nation.
- EXPERTISE. Faculty members are actively addressing environmental problems and their solutions at the regional, national, and international levels. This keeps them up to date on current trends and topics in the filed.
- OPPORTUNITY. The faculty provides opportunities for undergraduates to become involved in their research projects, where students can gain valuable knowledge and experience.
- EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE. The interdisciplinary course focus allows students to have a diverse education. They receive hands on and practical learning experiences in both the laboratory and the field.
- GUIDANCE. The faculty is highly involved in the students education, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- SUCCESS. A significant number of the graduates of this major gain entry-level positions in the environmental science field. About one-third of these positions are in the public sector, and two-thirds are in the private sector in industries, business, and engineering consulting firms. Numerous graduates have successfully completed masters and doctoral degrees.