Courses designed for bilingual students to strengthen English language skills in listening, reading, and writing.
ESL at UW-Green Bay
During the regular academic year, two separate ESL courses are offered:
- HUM STUD 220 - Listening and Speaking Across Cultures, 3 credits
- ENG COMP 164 - ESL Composition, 3 credits
These courses are designed for international or domestic bilingual students who are completing an academic program at UW-Green Bay and would like to further strengthen their English language skills. During the beginning of each semester, an ESL placement exam is given, which focuses on listening, reading and writing.
Visit the Modern Languages page if you are interested in becoming trained to teach ESL to English language learners.
News stories in Inside
- Voelker earns statewide role as co-director of Wisconsin Teaching Fellows/Scholars
May 15, 2013
- Faculty note: DaPra publication
April 8, 2013
- ‘Flash fiction’ from Rebecca Meacham
March 20, 2013
- Rybak poetry book now available for pre-order
October 22, 2012