Fleet Vehicles - Reservations
Vehicle fleet reservations are maintained in the Motor Pool office located in the Facilities Management building. Vehicles are available on a scheduled basis only. Reservations should be made well in advance by calling 465-2394, Monday through Friday, 7:45am - 4:30pm. Reservations should include the driver's name, number of passengers, destination, any special requirements, and times the vehicle will be picked up and returned. Keys and clipboards must be picked up at the Facilities Management building during normal building hours. Any schedule changes or cancellations should be phoned in as soon as possible. A penalty charge of $20.00 will be billed when cancellations are made with less than twenty-four (24) hours notice. Also a $20.00 fee will be charged if vehicles are returned late without prior approval.
In order to obtain a fleet vehicle, a staff member must have prior driver's authorization on file. Students must also have a student driver authorization file. Click on the following link and follow the step by step instructions to obtain Driver Authorization. Check to see if you are currently an Authorized Driver.Reimbursement at the maximum allowed by current UW-System Travel Regulations will only be granted under the following conditions when a private vehicle is used:
- Fleet car is not available. Motor Pool office will supply the Controller with a certificate of non-availability to be attached to traveler's expense report.
- Travel in the Green Bay Metropolitan Area (60 miles round trip). Expense reports claiming this mileage must carry a footnote explaining the nature of the travel.
- Need for a vehicle over a prolonged period of time. This could cause hardship for many travelers desiring a fleet vehicle. Explanation of why a fleet vehicle was not used must be typed on the travel expense report.
- Forced use of private vehicle due to poor driving record of traveler. Reimbursement can be less than the maximum allowed in the UW-System Travel Regulations upon prior agreement of traveler and department head. An explanation should be typed on the travel expense report.
- Special exceptions as approved by UW-Green Bay's Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance and UW-System Administration Pre-Audit. A copy of the approval waiver must accompany all travel expense reports.
A list of travelers requesting fleet vehicles is maintained in
the Motor Pool Office. If a previously reserved fleet car becomes
available, the first person on the list is notified that a vehicle
for his/her use. If the traveler does not use the fleet vehicle,
a certificate of non-availability is not issued and reimbursement
is made at the minimum rate as stated in the UW-System Travel Regulations.