Step 4b: Flow (Particle Transport)
This step sets up the initial position of a cluster of fluid particles.
- Click the "Flow" button to bring up the Flow
- Select the "Particle movement" option.
- Enter the initial particle spacing (in meters).
As a general guide, start with a spacing that about 1/100 of the model
domain length. (For example, if the model domain length is 1000 meters,
then enter a particle spacing of 10 meters.)
- Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
- Draw a polygon to outline the initial location
of a cluster of fluid particles. Keep the polygon relatively small to
avoid having too many particles (which will slow down the animation).
- After the polygon is drawn, it will be filled
with particles at the prescribed spacing.
To change the particle spacing, repeat the
Go to Step 5b
Back to Step 3
Switch to Step 4a (Flow paths)
Return to Introduction