skip to content

Financial Aid

Regaining Aid Eligibility

If you have lost eligibility due to not meeting SAP standards, you may be able to regain it by attempting credits on your own (without aid) until you meet all SAP standards. If you are able to do so, you must notify the Financial Aid Office. You may also regain eligibility with a successful appeal.


If you feel you have extenuating circumstances that have prevented you from meeting the SAP standards, you have the option to appeal. For consideration, students must complete the Appeal for Reinstatement of Aid form. You may complete the form and submit it using your UW-Green Bay email account, or you can print, sign and submit the form to the Financial Aid Office.

You will be asked for reasons for failing to meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards and what circumstances have changed to allow you to regain and maintain eligibility after one term. Documentation related to your appeal is necessary, where applicable. An appeal that lacks adequate documentation may result in denial. Appeals will be reviewed by committee. Students are notified of the committee's decision via campus email. The committee's decision is final.