University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Foundation
Board of Directors/Chancellor’s Council of Trustees
Adopted April 19, 2011
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Foundation’s Board of Directors/Chancellor’s Council of Trustees exists to advance the mission and service of the University through the acquisition of philanthropic support essential for creating a margin of excellence for all University activities.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors/Chancellor’s Council of Trustees provides counsel and advice on innovative ideas and initiatives which the University may wish to pursue and communicates institutional objectives and goals to the community at large.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors/Chancellor’s Council of Trustees provides policy advice and guidance in the development of the Foundation’s fundraising program, including overseeing the development and implementation of friend raising and fundraising plans.
Members of the Board of Directors/Trustees provide leadership through an annual contribution and participation in the Foundation’s advancement program by taking part in development calls.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Providing policy guidance and advice with regard to the Foundation’s fundraising program.
- Identifying emerging issues and trends that may affect the evolution of the University and its advancement program.
- Participating in Board of Directors/Council of Trustees meetings which will be held at least three times a year – a minimum of one each semester.
- Cultivating potential donors and promoting a climate for support for excellence.
- Contributing at least $1,000 annually in support of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
- Actively participating in committee assignments.
- Participating in University events such as commencement and convocation.
- Identifying and participating in recruitment of candidates for membership on the Foundation’s Board of Directors/Council of Trustees.